Are you a serious blogger? If the answer is yes, do not miss this post. This post is a fantastic guide to installing Google Analytics – one of the most important prop for a blogger.
Google Analytics is a tool that helps webmasters to look deep into the behavior of his website visitors and traffic pattern. A lot of valuable information can be availed from this tool – including real time traffic at any time of the day, demographics like gender, device and age based traffic classification.
Will Google Analytics boost my traffic or performance?
Google Analytics does not improve your traffic in a direct manner. That is not possible. Analytics will help you understand your readership better. Analytics will help you understand what you are doing right and what not.
Analytics can be used to monitor which segment of people are regular visitors to your website. This helps in increasing leads – be it customers or blog readers. I have benefited myself by understanding the drop-offs that occur in my blog. I have a detailed report of how my blog is performing. Which keyword has the highest hit and which article is the most popular among my readers. I also get to know which article has maximum number of hits in Google organic searches.
Social presence is something more that analytics will tell you. You will know exactly which social network is producing how much traffic and for which post. For sellers, this is big opportunity to understand your lead. You will come to know which page promotion in your social network produced maximum lead generation.
So, indirectly, your traffic will be affected from Google Analytics; if you can make proper use of the analysis. I will tell you how to make use of that data in an article on super essential Analytics features for Bloggers.
If you have Google Adwords installed for your business then Google Analytics can help you monitor all your efforts. It has a dedicated option for Adwords traffic monitoring. You can find out in detail which keyword is generating how much traffic and what needs to modified.
How can I install Google Analytics?
Installing Google Analytics in your website is very easy. Just follow these simple steps mentioned below –
- Go straight to the Google Analytics This is the one place that can give you so much to learn as a blogger. I learned how to track my visitors flow, their patterns and what topics my readers love to read on my blog.
- Once you are there, just sign up for a Google account or login if you have one already. I am sure, you do have. So, let’s just fast forward this part.
- After logging in, you will be asked to follow some steps. Let us quickly see how we can integrate Google Analytics into our website or blog.
- Just after logging in, you will be prompted to setup your account. Here you must enter your name, account name (name of your company or brand), your website’s or your blog address, etc.
- Select the category for your website and select your time zone. That’s it! We’re almost there.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see a button saying “Get tracking ID”. This button will create your account instantly and generate a unique tracking ID for you.
- But, before that, you must go through some checkboxes just above the button. Check and uncheck those options according to your wish and need. Now click on that button.
- Next you will be provided with Google’s policy overview. Just go through them in case you want to be double sure about the legal policies of Google. After that, you are done! Your Google Analytics account is set up!
- Just copy the code snippet and paste it on your blog HTML head region. Once this is done, Google Analytics takes 24 hours -30 hours to recognize your website and start generating data for you.
Once you are confirmed, just log into the Analytics dashboard and click on your website name. You will be forwarded to a dashboard containing all your needed metrics and options to discover even more with Google Analytics.
That’s how your dashboard will first look. Gradually when your traffic increases, the metrics will show up here!